Two| If You're Happy and You Know It...
...keep doing what you're doing! And...I guess you can clap your hands while you're at it. I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day yesterday! Today is the first day of school, which means I am back to the grind. This calls for some serious prioritizing and organization to stay on-top of things. In a couple hours I get to see those little faces I've missed all summer.
So, in order to keep myself motivated and inspired, I decided to take on the Blog-tember challenge that Bailey over at Brave Love Blog has going on. There are different topics for each day in september and I have decided that I want to blog about most of them. So, today starts my first post.
Write about what makes you happy.
Sigh. There are so many things in life that make me happy. From the minuscule things to the life-changers. When I read this prompt, I was immediately brought back to all the great memories that have made me happy. Walking on the cool sand on a private beach in Rhode Island, taking a limo to New York to celebrate my birthday with friends, the moment my boyfriend got down on one knee and asked my to spend the rest of my life with him..are just to name a few of my happy moments. But there are also small moments and things that put a smile on my face.
- Finding a fantastic deal on apparel, groceries, or anything at a store
- Sunny days, particularly the ones with a cool fall like breeze
- The presence of family
- My Wedding day.
- The way my nephew/godson reaches up for me to hold him or when his little arms hold tight around my neck
- When my husband gives me that "look" as if he is looking right into my heart. It still makes me melt
- The words of appreciation when I feel like I didn't even do anything that great
- Answered prayers.
- Hearing that the girls in my weekly small group really look up to me
- Receiving an unexpected gift, letter, acts of service, etc.
- Entertaining with meal for friends/family
- L a u g h t e r with family
- Being used by God to bless someone with something they needed it
- God moments
- Seeing a parent fall in love with photographs I've made of their child(ren)
- Random encouraging texts/calls from friends I haven't spoken to in a while
- Having a photo come out just the way I wanted with minimal editing
- Seeing things come to fruition.
- Putting a smile on someone else's face
- Walking on the beach at sunset with my love's hand in mine
- Seeing my husband interact with our nephew/godson
- Sharing life with the man that I l o v e.
- Hearing that one song that I needed to hear during a particular time
- The sound of the crunchy, leaves rustling across the pavement on a windy autumn day
- The smells of fall. Everything from apple, pumpkin or sweet potato pie to cinnamon and more.
- The smile of a stranger
- The simple door-hold of a stranger
- A clean and organized house.
- Full tank of gas (AMEN!)
This list probably could have a bunch more things added to it, but that is just a glimpse to some other things that make me happy and put a smile on my face. Take a moment and think of all the things that make you happy. Write them down in your own personal journal or jump in on this Blog-tember challenge and start blogging. Whatever you chose to do, keep at it.
My challenge for you:
Do something today that simply makes you H A P P Y.